Staff assignment with Public Broadcasting System’s affiliate in number one US market. Responsible for transitioning organization to modern back office, broadcast and post production technologies and workflows including:
- Virtualization of over 100 production IT servers, the transition to multiple cloud-based SaaS providers for email, ERP and CRM and WNET’s move to central casting for network origination.
- Multi-year deployment of an enterprise digital asset management for video production and archiving and the deployment of a contract lifecycle management solution to modernize rights management process.
- Lead the technology planning and implementation for WNET’s move from a 205,000sf existing facility to a new state of the art 95,000sf $13m facility in midtown Manhattan.
Implementation of commodity IT based tools for broadcast/cable operations:
- Integrating multiple new and legacy IT technologies (NAS, SAN, ILM and MAM/DAM) with traditional broadcast systems.
- Support of production for “new media” distribution such as VOD, Internet streaming, broadband store & forward and 3G/4G mobile.
- Transition from video tape based archives to file based data tape archives of video and audio essence.
Provided subject matter expertise for projects with focus on contemporary and leading edge IT, media and media asset management technologies.As a testimonial and support expert witness, helped expand the strategic consulting practice to include litigation support for major civil and criminal cases related to broadcast technologies, specifically PVR technology and video delivery over IP networks.Responsible for the architecture, selection and implementation of all technology solutions for an Internet media company that specializes in the delivery of local, national and international news video for consumers with high speed Internet connections.Responsible for providing the technical face of the company to many audiences which included the general public, board members, investors, potential investors and the company staff.As the third full time employee, help build the team to over 90 employees in less than one year.Responsible for IT operations at the headquarters of the 5th largest advertising network in the world.
- Technical lead for the deployment of a Domino based Intranet used by the network’s 202 agencies located in 75 countries.
- Technical advisor for deployment of a Domino based extranet used by Intel, Iomega, Philips and Red Lobster.
- Technical lead for deployment for a global financial reporting data warehouse application.
- Technical lead for deployment of a secure Notes mono-domain address book administered by four regional administrators and 35 local administrators.
Responsible for infrastructure development, implementation and management of Netscape, Microsoft and Lotus messaging and application deployments for organizations including Poppe Tyson, McGraw Hill, EURO RSCG, Stein Roe & Farnham, Samsung, and CourtTV.Provided sales, service and technical support for an authorized Apple, Compaq, and Silicon Graphics Value Added Dealer.
- Directly responsible for the sales and support of over 2 million dollars in graphics and pre-press computer systems.
- Specialized in site assessments to evaluate production workflow, network configurations, computer utilization, film/plate output performance and connectivity to the internet.
Provided sales, service and technical support for an authorized Apple, DEC, Intergraph and Silicon Graphics Value Added Dealer.
- Directly responsible for the sales and support of over 2 million dollars worth of equipment sales.
- Configured, installed, and provided training and support for high-end 3D Animation, Pre-Press, Multimedia and Video production computer systems.
- Specialized in the integration of these computer systems into existing networks and broadcast video distribution systems.
Performed structural design, analysis and detailing for environmental engineering projects for major industrial clients.
- Developed and implemented computer vision document which increased computer utilization by 800% in 18 months.
- Developed computer-based marketing materials that enabled quick response to clients' requests for proposals.
- Using Primavera project management software, developed a system to schedule projects and resources.
Provided sales and technical support for an authorized Apple Dealer, including installation and maintenance of hardware and software needed to integrate the Macintosh with DOS, UNIX, DEC and IBM mainframes.Developed and implemented a research proposal to investigate the feasibility of using pH measurements to determine Portland cement quality.Performed the design, analysis and detailing of all aspects of timber, steel, aluminum and concrete structures.Presentations
- Computer Manipulation of Cosmetic Surgical Photographs," Cosmetic Surgery Course, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Meeting, Washington, D.C., May, 1996.
- "Computer Networks in the Broadcast Television/Radio Environment," Presented at the New England Society of Broadcast Engineers meeting, Boston, MA, November 1995.
- Adjunct Lecturer for undergraduate construction materials course at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, winter term 1990.
- Presented original research at five Danish technical institutes, June 1989.
- Presented paper, "Waste Paper Sludge Cement Composites," American Concrete Institute, National Meeting, Denver, CO, March 1985;
- Ratner D, Thomas CO, Johnson TM, Swanson NA, Nelson BR, Hamilton T, Clark RE, Sondak V, Grande DJ. Wide Local Excision vs. Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the Treatment of DFSP: A Statistical Evaluation of Preoperative and Postoperative Defect Sizes and Predicted Risk of Tumor Recurrence. J Am Acad Dermatol, October 1997.
- Thomas CO, Thomas RC, Hover KC, "Waste Paper Sludge Cement Composites," Journal of Environmental Engineering, February 1987.