Implemented two new Medicaid lines of business for a large national Managed Care Organization (MCO).
Applied a deep knowledge of project management and health care industry to deliver results that transformed the MCO. Managed multiple groups of team members (100+ IT individuals per line of business) that were matrixed to an IT Project Manager/Overall Delivery Lead. Delivered results through the use of a mature Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Provided Technical and Business leadership, planning and execution on all aspects of delivery from requirements through the SDLC to implementation, including Contingency Planning, Post-Production Support period, Operations Plan and Lessons Learned for future projects.
- Managed Project Plans, budgets and resources across two major initiatives totaling more than $5,000,000 per year, delivering seamlessly, on time with positive results.
- Managed issues, risks, changes, and reporting to leadership across both programs, following standard change control processes to mitigate and minimize risk and impact to project delivery.
Implemented the systems and provided oversight of all operational activities for a large regional health plan’s Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) Program.
Worked closely with the SVP of Strategic Managed Care and the CEO to develop and document the PCMH Program Description, the underpinnings and foundation of the PCMH Program. Directed this large scale, complex, program through a comprehensive understanding of medical, corporate business and project management skillsets. Served as the overall business owner, responsible for the company-wide operations of the program, delivering the portfolio of work streams on time and under budget and establishing a baseline for the inaugural year of the program.
- Directed all aspects of PCMH with a budget exceeding $40 million over three years.
- Implemented key IT systems for a large regional health plan’s top priority initiative within two years of conceptualization of the PCMH Program.
- Over a three month period, recruited more than 2,000 Primary Care Physicians to participate in the program in its initial year.
Managed a complex portfolio of high-risk strategic programs that spanned the organization for a large regional health plan.
Utilized a comprehensive understanding of corporate strategic imperatives, the full IT SDLC, and the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) to ensure compliance with organization goals and timelines. Provided leadership and influence for Executives, VPs and the CEO in the selection and delivery of large regional health plan’s corporate initiatives, enabling the business to meet the future goals and objectives prioritized by the organization’s governance boards.
- Managed 7-9 corporate initiatives with a combined program budget exceeding $45 million.
- Developed the Long Range Strategic Plan (a 3-5 year strategic roadmap for corporate initiatives) as part of the Corporate Leadership Team.
Performed business process reengineering, systems development, and change management for a large international consulting firm.
Managed planning and implementation of a shared services organizational structure for a large international consulting firm’s internal human resources division, reorganizing and retraining more than 400 internal associates. Lead successful projects serving as a team lead, and as a manager for both internal organizational projects and for external projects in the federal sector.
- Participated in and managed all phases of a development life cycle with both software maintenance and development projects ranging from $1 million to more than $15 million.