Strategy & Design for Digital Commerce and Data Platforms
- Consulted with numerous clients in healthcare, insurance, and media & entertainment industries to help them assess their current technology platforms and define their future-state strategy for using innovative technology to transform their product development & marketing, online commerce, and consumer engagement approaches.
- Served as executive advisor to the president of a large pharmacy benefit management (PBM) company to assess its currently data warehouse and analytic platforms, create a 36-month technology roadmap, and establish a central Technology office and Chief Technology Officer function.
- Helped an industry-leading cable television network plan and implement an innovative Enterprise Architecture (EA) program, including formulating the goals and objectives for the program, preparing the business case for the implementation, creating the EA charter and governance structure, and defining roles and responsibilities for positions within the new EA organization.
- Led the strategic initiative for a market-leading regional Blue Cross plan to formulate its private exchange and online sales and enrollment strategy, then oversaw the platform vendor selection and implementation.
- Recognized as industry expert in the design, implementation, and operation of online insurance exchanges as mandated by the 2010 Affordable Care Act (ACA) as well as of private exchanges established by insurers and employers to enable online shopping for defined contribution benefits.
- Frequent speaker and writer on subjects of technology and business innovation.
Commercial Software Leadership
- Held executive leadership roles in product development, product management, and professional services for industry-leading enterprise software companies serving the commercial health insurance and nonprofit markets.
- Was responsible for the strategic product direction for a market-leading provider of Software-as-a-Service benefits management solutions, including defining the overall product roadmap, formulating its mobile design strategy, and leading development of the next generation of its industry-leading product suite.
- Worked with more than 20 of the nation’s largest commercial health insurance companies to transform sales, enrollment, and billing operations from back-office functions to online platforms.
- Launched a new BI consulting practice within a large enterprise software and services company and help dozen of large organizations plan and implement new data warehousing and BI infrastructure.