Ryan has managed and delivered large scale regulatory programs that include developing and implementing controls to identify when a firm should initiate the registration process to become a Major Swap Participant (MSP) and assessed and implemented a central risk limit application. In addition, Ryan has successfully delivered solutions to significantly reduce the number of trade reporting errors to FINRA’s TRACE trade reporting system thereby reducing the number of regulatory inquires.
Ryan has a MIS degree and together with his experience working in Technology, Operations, and Regulatory Reporting teams has helped him achieve an understanding of working across functional areas of a firm and achieving consensus driven solutions and implementations.
- Led the analysis, implementation, and execution of alternative Financial Market Utilities (FMUs) including the analysis of existing payment, processing, and clearing service providers and identified potential alternatives available to employ in a distress scenario.
- Developed a methodology and framework to determine the extent to which an alternative FMU should be implemented to offset operational risk, Critical Operations (CO) failure, or to address single points of failure identified through analysis.
- Redesigned an existing Dodd-Frank Program Management Office and enabled the central tracking of all projects and workstreams within the Dodd-Frank Program. Including project reporting, milestone target and completion dates, compliance milestone tracking and adherence, as well as tracking of proposed rules until finalized by regulators.
- Created and evidenced a Data Quality and Completeness function and a Strategic Technology Roadmap including the documenting of roles and responsibilities for a team of Data Quality Control Team resources.
- Mobilized a new Data Governance organization responsible for performing analysis of current systems architecture, recommending data "golden sources" and enabling the collaboration of Senior Managers across various business silos to support the firm's data governance initiative in-line with new regulations and single system data sourcing.
- Established the Regional Finance Bank Regulatory Reporting program accountable for creating project plans, engaging key stakeholders, and providing remediation plans to address 68 issues related to process, data quality, governance, and key risks associated with regulatory reporting to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Responsible for developing technical specification design proposals to eliminate regulatory reporting issues to FINRA’s Transaction Reporting and Compliance Engine (TRACE); efforts led to a 98% decrease in erroneous trade reports and a 44% decrease in late trade reports.
- Accountable for delivering trade platform enhancements to remediate reporting issues to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) that resulted in a 75% reduction in the number of late, inaccurate and amended trade reports.