LONDON, UK (24th Oct 2018) – Optimity Advisors, London UK, is pleased to be the local evaluation partner in the NHS Wave 2 Test Beds programme.
Capacity, Confidence, Care – supporting breast screening services using Artificial Intelligence.
We are delighted to be the local evaluation partner in the hugely exciting project which has the potential to transform breast cancer screening in the East Midlands and ultimately globally. AI and machine learning holds great promise for healthcare, testing this promise in the real world is an invaluable opportunity.
East Midlands Radiology Consortium (EMRAD) an established collaboration of seven NHS Acute Trusts in the East Midlands has launched an 18 month project on using Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning to support breast screening.
The patient and clinically-led initiative aims to do three things:
- Screen and treat more people, supporting service capacity helping ease workforce pressures.
- Boost public, patient and clinician confidence in using AI technology to assist with diagnosis.
- Improve patient care by minimising errors and ensuring consistency
To achieve these aims, EMRAD has entered into the Wave 2 Testbed with the following partners:
- GE Healthcare – a long standing technical partner already supporting the EMRAD consortium.
- Kheiron Medical Technologies and ASI Data Science - two UK based Small Medium Enterprises specialising in the field of cutting artificial intelligence technologies.
- East Midlands Academic Health Science Network, helping us to scale and spread our work throughout the NHS.
- Optimity Advisors - Local evaluation partners ensuring that the project clearly defines success criteria and monitors progress against this.