CORE COMPETENCY KNOWLEDGE
- Architectural frameworks: Agile and Waterfall to support delivery through the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Use of ITIL for development / deployment standards.
- Networking, Desktops, Mobile, etc.: LAN / WAN, SAN, Telephony, iPhone, Android, Linus, HP-UX, Remote Access, Video conferencing, Virtualization, etc.
- Data and Analytics: RDBM technology and integration with OLTP applications and Decision Support solutions to ensure business intelligence and analytics leveraging both structured and unstructured data. Use of Data Lake (Hadoop with Hive, HBase, etc.) and Microstrategy for Business Intelligence. Digital transformation through non-SQL database, MongoDB and other solution options. Machine Language, Master Data Mgmt (MDM) strategies to ensure data quality and analytics.
- Program Management: Identify, track, prioritize and manage all projects to ensure policies and procedures are being followed, goals and objectives are met, executed on time and budget. Provide CEO, Executive stakeholders with risk/mitigation plans, financials, status, estimates and forecasts
Director of Transformation, Versant Health, Linthicum, MD 2018-2019
Created and lead a team of Program Managers, Business Analysts and Technical Delivery team members to implement $30m in digital transformation initiatives. This includes creation of new Portals for Provider and Members; Authorizations for Medical services for Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial clients; Encounters processing for 18 Medicaid states/Medicare/ACA; and new labs model with web based order entry process and modifications to multiple claims adjudication platform
Director, Provider Applications, CareFirst BCBS, Baltimore, MD 2009-2018
Developed the technology roadmap with key focus on customer service, reliability, compliance, budgetary adherence and operational excellence resulting in “bending the cost curve” using the Primary Care Medical Home Program to hold Medical Trend below industry by 1.2%. Built high-performing teams to manage and spearhead delivery within tight timelines on budget. Directly managed 4 Managers and indirectly managed 60+ resources doing software development, detailed requirements / designs, software engineering, change management and program management of $200M in projects. Directed engineering teams for software development through all SDLC phases leveraging Agile to ensure continuous integration continuous deployment while ensuring application development met standards for coding, quality and performance as well as deployment using ITIL standards for Population Health Mgmt and Value Based Care web-based applications. Managed teams that tracked and reported on the outcomes of continuous improvement and operational excellence projects. Built business intelligence solution to design and track metrics and outcomes for all Medical programs to show cost savings. Built data integration with vendors and their systems. Established integration of iCentric with strategic vendors such as Magellan, CVS, Sharecare, etc. to get valuable data about CF members to support longitudal Member Health Record. Ensured 99.9% availability of all applications while team conducted reviews of performance, supported all application and infrastructure upgrades, disaster recovery / business continuity functions.
Supported sales and deliver of consulting services for territory extending from PA to Virginia (Commercial and Federal accounts). Generated over $3M in Consulting revenue annually for Mid-Atlantic area. Worked closely with field/sales and partners to identify customer needs. Developed strong relationships with customers, product sales and executive leadership to support consulting business growth. Managed team of 13 consultants.
- Participated on a $2m multi-year project to implement and integrate data warehousing and SAP Ledger for a large, international bank and insurance company. This included gathering requirements and design of architecture components such as Middleware and business Rules Engine.
- Participated on a multi-year project develop a logical data model design for a data warehouse implementation. Gathered data, reporting requirements, and researched multi-dimensional analysis criteria. Identified data summarization/aggregation along various analytical dimensions.
- Performed network re-engineering for 20 sites for a large accounting firm to migrate network services from shared media environments to high speed switched solutions with FDDI, ATM, and Fast Ethernet backbones. Included device configuration, HW/SW upgrades, and server and desktop re-configuration